Mindfulness Challenge: Day 17
Welcome to Day 17 of the 21 Day Mindfulness Challenge!
Today’s Mindful Message is Try a New Sport
To some, this is a challenge that might feel intimidating, but read to the end as there are ways for everyone to try a new activity.
Have you been thinking about trying something new but haven't made researching it a priority in your life? The mind craves learning new things, so by challenging yourself to today's challenge, you will be feeding your mind as well as your body and soul. Step out of your comfort zone and as you do so get in shape, meet new people and use it as a creative outlet (Day 13 challenge). Who knows, you may discover you have a hidden talent that you never knew existed and with our current situation (Coronavirus quarantine) now is the perfect time to try new things in the privacy of your own home!
Starting something new also gives you a new focus for your energy. It gives your mind a break from the routine and allows you the opportunity to learn something new. You alleviate boredom and ultimately you will grow as a person. If you don't like it, that's fine too, it's better to be able to say you've tried it and didn't care for it than it is to sit back and wonder what it would be like...
There are so many things to choose from, if you don't know where to start, here are some suggestions that you might be able to do now or in the coming months ahead:
* Sign up to an online fitness offering where you can learn many types of exercise like cross fit, Pilates, Tai Chi, Zumba etc.
* Take a dancing tutorial on YouTube so you can practice in the comfort of your own home.
* Challenge yourself to see how long you can dribble a ball for.
* Create a circuit through your home (many ideas on Pinterest and YouTube) for you and the family to complete.
* Create your own sport with your family - maybe a mixture of tennis, basketball and football....
* Join a local aqua class - if you have joint issues, this is a great way to exercise without baring weight on your joints.
* Find a softball, tennis, cycling group - Meet Up (website) have many community gatherings for all different levels so choose the one that suits you and give it a go.
There are many options available to you. So take a moment to think about what you may like to try and then dive in! There is no time like the present and getting or staying fit is now something that you can prioritize and should prioritize as we all aim to keep our bodies healthy and strong whilst keeping our stress levels down.